Botswana Installation Instructions
The bazaar branch for the Botswana instructions are located here and can be obtained by <source lang='bash'> bzr branch lp:ihris-botswana </source>
The source code from bazaar is copied over to the "bzr_branches" folder. In this folder there are several sub-folders:
- botswana-4.1.3 The folder Carl uses for testing and development
- sovellobw_4.1 The folder used for testing and development
- production_server_customizations These are the customizations that we copy over to the main server and used for production. The files directory should never be edited. Instead you should do a bzr pull. Any error messages or warnings need to be resolved before updating the server
- If you are working outside the MOH you can do "bzr pull lp:ihris-botswana"
- If you are making customizations while in the MOH then you want to pull from the sub-directory of bzr_branches where those customizations are. For example "bzr pull ../sovellobw_4_1".
Live/Production Server Details
- IP Address: 10.171.5.9
- Username: bwihris
- Production Database:BWManage_Prod_Feb_14_2013
- Current iHRIS base Library: /var/lib/iHRIS/lib/4.1-dev (last updated Feb 14th, 2013)
- Site customization directory: /var/lib/iHRIS/sites/botswana_feb_11_2013
- Site config file: /var/lib/iHRIS/sites/botswana_feb_11_2013/pages/local/config.values.php
- WWW path: There is a link /var/www/ihris -> /var/lib/iHRIS/sites/botswana_feb_11_2013/pages/
Updating the Server
The server should only be updated after hours.
Copying over the site customizations
When you are on your computer (not the server) you can copy them over by: <source lang='bash'> cd bzr_branches/production_server_customizations scp -r ./ email@example.com:/tmp/psc_`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` </source> This will copy the contents of the production_sever_customizations directory to a the directory "/tmp/psc_2013-02-15" if the day is February 15th, 2013.
Before updating the live server you should make a database backup: <source lang='bash'> ssh -l bwihris 10.171.5.9 mysqldump -u root -p BWManage_Prod_Feb_14_2013 | bzip2 -9 > backup_`date +"%Y-%m-%d"`.sql.bz2 </source> which will create a file called "backup_2013-02-15.sql.bz2" if the day is February 15th, 2013.
Pulling in the Customizations
We only copied the customizations from the bzr_branches directory to a temporary directory like "/tmp/psc_2013-02-15". Now we need to pull them into the production server's site directory. On the server you can do this by: <source lang='bash'> cd /var/lib/iHRIS/sites/botswana_feb_11_2013/ bzr pull /tmp/psc_`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` </source> You should see a message such as:
M templates/lists.html M templates/view.html All changes applied successfully. Now on revision 43.
Starting server update
You can update the site by browsing to http://10.171.5.9/ihris