Building Debian Packages from bzr
From IHRIS Wiki
This article is deprecated.
Easily Build Your Own
- Install Bazaar and bzr-builddeb as well as the build dependencies dpatch and debhelper. (“apt-get install bzr-builddeb dpatch debhelper”)
- Check out my debian build scripts. I suggest doing this in a separate directory. For example:
$ mkdir build $ cd build $ bzr co http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hexmode/i2ce/debian-dev i2ce $ bzr co http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hexmode/ihris-common/debian-dev ihris-common $ bzr co http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hexmode/ihris-manage/debian-dev ihris-manage
- In each directory, run “bzr builddeb”.
$ (cd i2ce; bzr builddeb) $ (cd ihris-common; bzr builddeb) $ (cd ihris-manage; bzr builddeb)
- You should now have a subdirectory named build-area with three .deb files in it. Before installing them, you'll need to install the runtime dependencies: aptitude install dbcommon-config ucf libapache2-mod-php5 php-i18nv2 php-mdb2-driver-mysql php-text-password. At this time, some are only available from the IntraHealth Debian repository above.
- Install the Debian packages you created: sudo dpkg -i build-area/*.deb