From IHRIS Wiki
You can combine any of the files in the User Documentation section into a customized manual that can then be converted to a PDF for printing. This is helpful if you need to make a manual for a customized installation or for multiple software programs. Here are the steps:
- Log in to the wiki at http://wiki.ihris.org/wiki/Capacity_Project%27s_iHRIS_Suite (you will need to create an account if you haven't already).
- Under the Open Source Software section, click the link to iHRIS Documentation and User Manuals.
- Click on a page you want to include in your manual.
- On the left side of the screen under "Create a Book", click the Add Page to Book link.
- Repeat for each page you want to include in the manual.
- Once you have added all the pages you want, click Show Book under "Create a Book".
- Enter a title and subtitle (optional) for your book.
- You will see all the pages you added listed. You can click and drag the pages to reorder them.
- You can organize the pages into chapters. Click Create Chapter and type the name of the chapter. The chapter name will appear at the top. Drag and drop it to where you want it to be located.
- Once the book is finished, click the Download as PDF button in the "Download" box on the right side of the screen to create a PDF file of the book that can be printed.
- To save your book, click the button beside Osi:Books in the "Save and Share Your Book" box on the right side of the screen, and enter a title for the book. All books are saved here: http://wiki.ihris.org/wiki/Category:Books
Once your book is saved, click Clear Book on the left side of any screen to clear the pages if you want to start a new book. If you need to edit a book, open the saved book and click Load Book on the left side of the screen. Then you can add or remove pages, rearrange pages and add additional chapter titles as needed.