In-service Training Module for iHRIS Manage
The In-service Training Module should be a complete solution for managing a training program for employees, whether trainings are given by the employer or by external organizations. It should track trainings that an employee has completed and assess competencies based on those trainings; thus, it is very closely linked to the Competency Model Module that will also need to be developed. This module should enable the organization to develop and implement training plans for employees, in order to ensure that the employee meets the qualifications required for his/her job and is remaning updated on new requirements.
- Track training programs.
- Create employee training plans.
- Link trainings that employees have completed to assessed competencies.
- Track scholarships awarded to employees.
- Import trainings from other systems and link to competencies (would be nice).
- Link trainings to promotions and raises (would be nice; probably later).
Specific Use Case Titles (from High-Level Goals)
Use cases are currently being written and evaluated. Use cases will be posted once this process is complete.
- Add or update training funding types. -- The HR Manager updates the list of training funding types that are available for selection within the system.
- Add or update trainer types. -- The HR Manager updates the list of trainer types that are available for selection within the system.
- Add or update training program categories. -- The HR Manager updates the list of training program categories for selection within the system.
- Add or update a training organization or funder. -- HR Staff adds details about a training funder to the system.
- Add or update a trainer. -- HR Staff adds a trainer to the system or edits an existing trainer's information.
- Add or update an in-service training program. -- HR Staff adds a training offering to the system that can be requested for Employees to complete.
- Add or update a scholarship. -- HR Staff adds or edits information about a scholarship given for training.
- Search for a trainer, training program or training organization. -- The user searches for a trainer, training program or training funder that has been entered in the system.
- List training programs. -- The user produces a list of all available trainings.
- Request a training for an employee. -- HR Staff adds an employee as a registrant for a training program.
- Create an employee training plan. -- HR Staff creates a plan of training programs for an employee so that the employee can gain specific competencies.
- Award a scholarship to an employee. -- HR Staff records that an employee has received a particular scholarship for training.
- Assess training results and update competencies. -- After an Employee has completed a training, HR Staff assesses their performance and updates their qualifications accordingly.
- View an employee's training history. -- HR Staff displays a record of the all trainings the employee has requested or taken while employed by the organization and the employee's assessment in competencies as a result of the training.
- Track employee fulfillment of scholarship requirements. -- HR Staff record whether an employee who has won a scholarship has fulfilled the requirements of that scholarship.
- Report on employees trained. -- The Executive Manager generates a report on employees who have completed training programs.
These are in addition to the reports already listed in the use cases.
- Training organizers/funders
- Emergency training programs
- All scholarships
- Training needs assessment - this needs to be thought out
There are lots of report examples in JHPIEGO's TIMS system and in the NSDP system.
- Pilot is in Tanzania implementation of iHRIS Manage.
- Implement in IntraHealth iHRIS Manage by June 30, 2008
- Planned for inclusion in version 3.0 release/upgrade of iHRIS Manage
- Bangladesh NSDP HRIS
- JHPIEGO TIMS
- Hareg training tracking database
- Learning for Performance (IntraHealth)
- CBT (JHPIEGO's competency model)