These resources support installing and maintaining the iHRIS software, as well as making simple customizations, such as creating custom reports, adding new fields, and editing the XML.
- Installing iHRIS 4.2
- Upgrading to iHRIS 4.2
- Linux (Ubuntu) Installation
- Linux (RedHat-Fedora) Installation
Poor internet connection? See creating a Software Repository Mirror for offline use.
An iHRIS Appliance is available for a small fee as a standalone solution for settings with limited ICT support.
Setting Up iHRIS
- Map Data and Add New Fields -- Learn how data are displayed in iHRIS and add new forms and fields.
- Customizing iHRIS -- Customize the display for your iHRIS implementation.
- Enabling Translations -- Several languages are bundled with each iHRIS release. This article describes how to enable an existing translation.
- Configuring Restricted Access by Facility or Geography -- Restrict record-level data to users at a particular facility or geographical location.
- Managing A Site In Launchpad -- How to manage your customized code on the hosting site.
- Setting Up Mail -- Set up an SMTP server for your iHRIS implementation.
- Adding ISCO 88 Job Codes to iHRIS Manage
- Deleting Records
- Backups -- Setting up backups for iHRIS.
- How to Change MySQL Data Directory -- steps to change the default location for MySQL data directory
Reporting is one of the most important features of iHRIS. These tutorials will teach you how to generate reports, archive reports, and customize reports to meet the needs of your organization.
- Custom Reporting
- Generate Reports Automatically
- Archive Reports Automatically
- Display Mapped Field From a Report
- Configuring iHRIS Dashboards
- Technical Overview of iHRIS
- Using iHRIS in a decentralized environment
- Security procedures implemented in iHRIS
- Interoperability with other health information systems
- iHRIS Operations Guide (PDF): This guide was developed in Malawi but can be adapted for use in other countries.
- iHRIS Administrator - Level 1 -- A free, self-paced, e-learning course that teaches the skills needed to install, maintain, and customize iHRIS. Available in English, Spanish, and French. To take the course, you will need to register with the HRH Global Resource Center eLearning site.
- iHRIS User -- Level 1 - This e-learning course provides instructions on how to set up and manage human resources data in the iHRIS Manage database. Information on managing employee and job applicant data, as well as training data, is included. Each module is designed to be used separately, as an online help guide, to teach human resources staff and hiring managers how to use the software. To take the course, you will need to register with the HRH Global Resource Center eLearning site.
- HRIS Strengthening Implementation Toolkit -- a printable package of tools that facilitates implementing the iHRIS software. To be updated: spring 2014.
We also provide several tutorials for developers modifying the iHRIS code.